Anything MX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what mods to get

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
150stunta
AMX Member

what mods to get Empty
PostSubject: what mods to get   what mods to get EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 7:46 pm

i have a crf50 that i plan on turning into a racing pit bike i have 3000 dollars what mods do i get its stock
Back to top Go down
RC Addict
Admin
Admin
RC Addict

what mods to get Empty
PostSubject: Re: what mods to get   what mods to get EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Stay tuned, H8 and BradZ will fill the thread with ideas in no time at all!
Back to top Go down
mgt8.0
AMX Staff
AMX Staff
mgt8.0

what mods to get Empty
PostSubject: Re: what mods to get   what mods to get EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 8:15 pm

i would have answered but i don't no much about pit bikes lol
Back to top Go down
h8z2luze
AMX Staff
AMX Staff
h8z2luze

what mods to get Empty
PostSubject: Re: what mods to get   what mods to get EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Well i'd like to help but if your in the us you cant get parts for any 50 right now.
Back to top Go down
BradZ
AMX Tech Advisor
BradZ

what mods to get Empty
PostSubject: Re: what mods to get   what mods to get EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 2:25 am

Yeah i heard about that H8.

Alright, for a decent racing 50 theres a few aspects that need to be covered.
Firstly, a stock engine is barely going to get you around the track, so a limited 88cc bore kit would be a very good idea. Another thing not to be overlooked is suspension. Get some decent forks for it and a good strong rear. The main thing with nearly all bikes that size, is the frame. Reinforce it!! Strip it, weld some supports, some attaching to the steering tube, a bar through the bottom of the backbone and also on the rear shock mount, the last thing you want is your new shock trying to rape you when it breaks of and shoots through the seat. When your finsished, grind down the welds, and powdercoat it! Also, bars. Stock setup is not preffered for racers. Fast50's make good bar kits, so do Red Baron. You may also want a high rise seat/bar kit, Red Baron make a good setup for that. They also make killer sticker kits!! Oh yeah, a good carb would be a great idea, and a UNI filter to let it breath easier.
Hope this helps, sorry i cant recommend any brands for you as they are entirely different for you guys. I may have missed a few things, if you like you can check out the thread about my 50 and see what mods i've put on it, i race it and it's held up fine.

But the sad thing about it all is, with your current situation you may be unable to purchase anything!!
I don't know too much about that, im sure H8 could fill you in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stickysignz.com.au
Sponsored content

what mods to get Empty
PostSubject: Re: what mods to get   what mods to get Empty

Back to top Go down

what mods to get
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anything MX :: Pit Bike Talk :: General Pit Bike Talk-
Jump to: