Anything MX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where to begin?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
charliejp
Admin
Admin
charliejp

Where to begin? Empty
PostSubject: Where to begin?   Where to begin? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 5:26 pm

Well I'm finally going back to work in about a week! Money's allready burnin a whole in my pocket. I want to get a Fiddy but really dont know where to start. I know where to buy one just dont know if I should buy new or used. If I buy new am I going to throw away half the bike doing upgrades? Guess I've got plenty of time to Sleep on this but I'm anxious so any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
h8z2luze
AMX Staff
AMX Staff
h8z2luze

Where to begin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to begin?   Where to begin? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Do you actually want a 50 or a pit bike?
Back to top Go down
charliejp
Admin
Admin
charliejp

Where to begin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to begin?   Where to begin? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:05 pm

All kinds of things come to mind with that question.lol More power more hmm well! Prolly more a pit bike.
Back to top Go down
h8z2luze
AMX Staff
AMX Staff
h8z2luze

Where to begin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to begin?   Where to begin? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:36 am

Whats your budget Very Happy I would reccomend pitster pro or SSR or if you really want to fork out the money the new bike BBR has put out is just SICK.

Where to begin? MM12P_Black_optional

http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/News/PressRelease/Content/MM12P/MM12P_Press.htm
Back to top Go down
charliejp
Admin
Admin
charliejp

Where to begin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to begin?   Where to begin? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:00 pm

I like it a lot but $4000. Holy crap.
Back to top Go down
h8z2luze
AMX Staff
AMX Staff
h8z2luze

Where to begin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to begin?   Where to begin? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 2:31 pm

Ya its a bad ass bike though lol. Otherwise I would go with a pitster pro model. If you want to stay mainstream I reccomend the Kawasaki KLX 110 They are nice bikes also. If you want a 50 I like the Yamaha ttr's My friend has one with a 106 big bore kit and it gets it.
Back to top Go down
h8z2luze
AMX Staff
AMX Staff
h8z2luze

Where to begin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to begin?   Where to begin? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 2:32 pm

Here is some pitster pro models

http://www.xtpowersports.com/Pitster+Pro.1.1.218.html

And somr SSR models

http://www.xtpowersports.com/Race+Series.1.1.226.html
Back to top Go down
RC Addict
Admin
Admin
RC Addict

Where to begin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to begin?   Where to begin? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 5:33 pm

I don't know jack about those little pit bikes but for $4000.00 it better have four wheels and independent suspension... Shocked
Back to top Go down
BradZ
AMX Tech Advisor
BradZ

Where to begin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to begin?   Where to begin? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Alright, if your budget allows i'd go with what H8 said, BBR are the sh!t. Ridden by Jermey Mcgrath and other pro riders. If your just starting, and think it may be a passing fad, you could go with a lower end bike. Pitsterpro, and motovert make very good bikes just short of BBR. If your really cheap you could go a PitPro. Now a word of warning, Atomik, Orion etc all those no names, are the cheapest peices of poop i've ever seen in my life. Do not buy them!!! That being said, back to the PitsterPro, you can upgrade the engine with parts such as Takegawa, insane power and speed. A takegawa 125, eats a 140 LIFAN. And you can get Akunar high lift cams etc. Pitsterpro and motovert have good upgrade capabilities. As well as being killer stockers. Just to add on, SSR are an ok bike. Not as known as PitPro so upgrades could be hard to find. And also, BBR are about 10,000 over here!

Last edited by BradZ on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Naughty Words :P)
Back to top Go down
http://www.stickysignz.com.au
Sponsored content

Where to begin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to begin?   Where to begin? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to begin?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anything MX :: Pit Bike Talk :: What Pit Bike?-
Jump to: